So far, the profession of physics is not regulated in Brazil, although there is a project for such regulation to happen soon. Thus, those who complete the degree in physics receive a bachelor's degree or a degree in physics.
The physics graduate can teach in high schools, since in Brazil this subject is only seen at this level. You can also do research in the field of education. The current market is very lacking in these professionals, so their absorption in the job market is practically immediate, happening in many cases even before the conclusion of the course.
The bachelor of physics is responsible for the promising part of research and acting as a university professor.
There is constant investment in research, as technology advances over a number of frontiers that were previously considered unreachable, from data transmission to the aerodynamics of bodies. It is up to physicists to develop components that can improve already known technologies and create tools that contribute to the development of new equipment.
As a college professor, the physicist usually has a set time for the classroom and the freedom to create and participate in research groups on a variety of subjects.
Some of the areas of expertise of a physicist are:
- Medical Physics: branch that works in the improvement and creation of hospital equipment;
- Particle Physics: branch that seeks to know the fundamental constituents of all matter present in the universe, these researchers are the developers of the controversial LHC (Large Hadron Collider);
- Nuclear physics: branch responsible for the study of matter at the nuclear level. They study phenomena such as radioactivity, nuclear fusion, nuclear fission, among others. One of its focuses is the search for energy, without the use of finite resources, such as oil;
- Plasma Physics: branch that develops studies with matter in the state of plasma. They deal with issues such as confinement, transport properties, instability, chaos, among others;
- Astrophysics: A branch that studies planets, stars, galaxies and other objects on a large scale, seeks to know, among other things, the beginning and destiny of the universe;
- Biophysics: branch that seeks the connection between biological and physical phenomena, studying electrical, gravitational, magnetic, nuclear aspects based on biological phenomena;
- Among many others.
In addition, other markets are widely accepted by physicists because they appreciate their ability to analyze and solve problems, one example being the financial market.
For people wishing to pursue a career in physics, English language skills are recommended. This is almost a prerequisite, since since graduation most of the bibliography used is foreign, and published works, such as articles, are usually written in English.